Backlog Aggregator: how

Well, the idea was to have a website where to show, for every project, backlog and other informations more related at the Company and its workflow.

We decided to split the work, so I was in charge to develop the website and to give a help to develop the plugins able to get stories from pivotaltracker and easybacklog and able to map them in a common DTO.

The others two team members started to analize a repository and a backoffice to put other relevant information apart the backlogs.

For the website I decided to use for the server side .NET MVC and to develop a SPA made with AngularJs.
To test the server side I decided to use NUnit and Moq, and Castle Windsor as Container.
To test the client side I decided to use Jasmine and run it with Chutzpah.

Because I didn’t know what kind of software would have been developed to use the plugins, I made them as DLL.

After few iterations (we iterate ideally every one/two weeks) we decided to use Trello to track our progress with these lists: “to do”, “doing”, “done”, “brainstorming”.

Anyway, at the very beginning, our first task was to evaluate effort and possibility to get the stories.
In the next post about the Backlog Aggregator, I’ll talk about the pivotaltracker plugin

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s